What we are about -- Our Mission
The mission of the Department of Bioengineering is to advance human understanding, health, and
the quality of life through:
- internationally recognized research, discovery, and invention in the area of biomedical engineering;
- education of world-class Ph.D. scientists and engineers for accomplishment in research, academics, medicine,
- education of nationally-recognized B.S. and M.S. graduates for success and leadership in industry and in preparation for future study in medicine, science and engineering;
- transfer of scientific discoveries and biomedical technology to the private sector nationwide;
- training of students throughout the College of Engineering in biobased solutions to traditional engineering problems and in the application of their specialty to biological and biomedical science.